Saturday, November 6, 2010

Aid in the Kitchen

After realizing that the Hytop bread loaf from WinCo was practically cotton candy, John and I decided we wanted to have homemade bread. We had the hardest time deciding between a bread maker and a kitchen aid. Both are absolutely wonderful, but which would benefit us most? After many consultations with experienced users, we opted for the Kitchen Aid. I think the more difficult decision though was deciding on the color. Once we arrived at the store and saw the many color options, we had to eliminate one by one... Oh dear. After all that, we came home with our Indigo Kitchen Aid, which we paid $20.76 for after all our giftcards, coupons, and such :)
And oh how it has blessed my life...







The first bread recipe I made was my Aunt Tricia's recipe that my Mom always made and of course we loved it. The second recipe we made was from the Kitchen Aid cookbook... not so good. I'm hoping to try out more recipes. So if you have any, please share! Also, any tips on shaping a bread loaf? Our last loaf resembled a butternut squash...

November is here! I can hardly believe it, yet I can't stand the anticipation for Thanksgiving and then Christmas. Patience has never been an easy virtue of mine ;)
John and I signed up for Winter semester classes, and boy am I going to have a tough semester... Floral Design, Food Preparation, Violin, German, Writings of Isaiah, and Raquetball! Probably the most fun semester I've ever had, but that's what you gotta do for your last semester at BYU and right before Dental Hygiene School, right?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo...it's so pretty and shiny! Cool color! Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want more recipie ideas then i suggest that we have another girls date so we can have fun with my 4 cookbooks I have barely used yet:))

    ReplyDelete