Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Narcoleptic?

This might seem strange to you.

It all started on my Study Abroad to Jerusalem. I did not realize my capacity to fall asleep absolutely anywhere. In class on the front row (with an extremely loud, snapping professor might I add), on a miserably bumpy bus, sitting on the ground in a desert, riding a camel... I literally started sleeping everywhere. My roommates would make fun of me for it. I would too, it IS quite hilarious.
Then I came home, started back to school at BYU. The sleeping spells continued. In class, church, movies... This semester, I fall asleep EVERYDAY at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon MST. This happens to be the same time as my Doctrine and Covenants class. I absolutely love the professor, he is an active lecturer and keeps you interested, but I can never seem to stay awake. I know you may be thinking, "oh, she's just not getting enough sleep.." I am! Averaging about 8 hours every night which is more sleep than I got when I was single. It seems like I've tried everything. Food, gum, wiggling toes, singing songs, holding my eyes wide open. No. No success! I don't know how to overcome these sleeping spells... Life's a hard one when you've got even a mild case of narcolepsy...

I sympathize with this poor poodle.

2 comments:

  1. I totally do the same thing at 2:00. WEIRD!!! I don't know what it is about that hour, but I've fallen asleep at the computer, almost fallen asleep while driving, usually I try to make it to a couch or chair or my bed by that hour, because it's no fail. 2:00 is meant to be nap time. Maybe you schedule nap time in next semester. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (this is Squeakers) OH MY GOSH! that is so weird about the dog..... P.S. i have that problem sometimes! you and me erin. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete