I had planned to surprise for him with a camping trip, but John's friend ended up giving us a late wedding gift and presented us with tickets to conference! Of course we postponed the camping trip to the following weekend and got to attend Saturday Evening conference session only a few rows back from the front. It was a once in a lifetime experience to be able to see it that close and it was certainly worth it. Thank you Nathan...
For our camping trip, we went to American Fork Canyon. It was quite a cold night, but overall, the weather was quite nice. Thanks to John's mom, we had things to make s'mores! I love s'mores, but it really bothers me when the chocolate is rock hard and not melted enough. This frustration led me to the idea of cooking the marshmallow, putting it in the graham crackers with the chocolate on the bottom, and then roasting it again over the fire to melt the chocolate. It was delicious:
BUT here's the disclaimer...
The McCarthy's were kind enough to lend us all their camping equipment. They even gave us a propane stove to make some hot chocolate. That tasted really good after waking up to a cold morning...
We hiked Saturday morning up to 'silver lake.' The trees were quite colorful, and the sun was beaming just right, prime conditions for a hike I'd say!
John's birthday reminded me of the days when I thought I'd never be over the age of 15. Time seemed to move so slowly at the time. My future seemed so far ahead, the time when I'd be driving, off to college, and married. But, lo and behold, 5 years later, here I am. I am married, about to start a profession, and I have a blog! Those things seem so grown up, :) Time seems to run so much faster, but I try to not miss anything as it flies by!
No comments:
Post a Comment