As I was perusing through my daily facebook news, I found myself clicking on multiple blog links posted by my friends. What was planned to be a 15 minute facebook update turned into an hour blog creep session. I pretty much caught up on the past year of blog posts from all of my friends who own blogs. It was quite inspiring (as you may guess from my first blog post in 6 months). Blogs capture the essence of everyone's personality so much better than facebook does. I can hear my friends talking when I read their blogs. So why settle for summaries when I can read the whole book? (has been my ingenious epitomy of the century)
This epitomy has lead to the thought, why don't I do such a thing. Write my book for family, friends, loved ones for people to read. I'd like to make that more of a priority, to better record my life, because who's going to look back on the history of my FB statuses for the past year? No one. That would be silly.
At this page of my life, I would include these illustrations:
I don't remember the last time I wore non-scrubbish clothes. People may think scrubs are cool, but there comes a price with feeling like you're wearing oversized pajamas all day. You feel like you can eat those leftover brownies on the counter. You feel good until you try on those jeans that fit last week ;) On with the exercising!
Becoming a dental hygienist is harder than one may think. It's a science intensive curriculum filled with craning over people the majority of the day while trying to save lives. I've learned that I have not given my hygienist enough credit for what she had to go through to etch away at my teeth all day. I have become very familiar with the view of sitting on the couch with my laptop and books out on my lap. Till December!
The day that John and I became Costco cardholders is the day I think we entered into adulthood. It's the cool/savvy people club. Costco is an incredible place: quality, bulk items for a cheaper price. Ever since my personal finance teacher spent a few minutes of every lecture raving about Costco, I have coveted Costco members. Let's just say our past few date nights since the day we became members have been at Costco. Hot dogs, gelato, and a warehouse of goods is all any couple needs for a great date. Let's just hope it keeps us saving money, rather than spending more.
Running is a good metaphor for life. There are ups and down. Sometimes it hurts. Things are constantly changing. Slow and steady wins the race. That pretty much sums up my training as of late.
John's taking the summer off of school for the first time in awhile. He's working full time and he's got lots of projects going on at once. That keeps him late into the night, hence the facetime. I was spoiled going to BYU with him and seeing him constantly throughout the day. Now I miss seeing the husband of course. So life goes I suppose.
Going crazy is normal, right?

Erin!!! I LOVE this :) and I think you are the best hygienist I have ever had! You did a fabulous job, and all your hard work is about to pay off...6 more months! Love you!
ReplyDeleteyou are an incredible writer! so glad you are going to be posting more often so i can creep yo page, yes creep. you are for reals a-maz-ing and i love you!
ReplyDelete